The Little Car Company Unveils the Tamiya Wild One MAX: A Full-scale, Road Legal, Electric Vehicle Built with Adventure in Mind
Global order book now open at www.wildonemax.com
• The Tamiya Wild One MAX from The Little Car Company is based on the iconic off-road R/C car from the 1980s
• The first 100 customers to place their deposit will receive the Launch Edition of the Tamiya Wild One MAX featuring exclusive extras
• First deliveries will begin in 2024, with all vehicles initially distributed as fully built cars, complete with a road pack for use in the UK and EU
• The Wild One MAX is powered by eight swappable battery packs, providing a total capacity of 14.4kWh, a maximum estimated range of 200km (on road) / 110km (off road) and a top speed of up to 62 mph (100 km/h)
• Prices for the Tamiya Wild One MAX and Wild One MAX Launch Edition start from 35,000 GBP (41,000 EUR), excluding VAT and shipping, with a deposit of 3,500 GBP (4,100 EUR)
• Orders for the Tamiya Wild One MAX from The Little Car Company can be placed on a first-come-first-served basis from 00:01 Thursday 13th July 2023 onwards
• The Tamiya Wild One MAX from The Little Car Company will be publicly unveiled on the Eibach display at this year’s Goodwood Festival of Speed, taking place between Thursday 13th and Sunday 16th July.
Tamiya Wild One MAX
The Tamiya Wild One MAX comes equipped with premium features including Cobra bucket seats with 4-point harnesses, a 5″ digital screen with marine-grade switches, Brembo disc brakes all round, and adjustable Bilstein dampers paired with Eibach springs. It utilises 14″ Maxxis off-road tyres front and rear.
To enhance safety and comfort, The Little Car Company has made some modifications to the original R/C car design. The cockpit has been widened to comfortably accommodate two adult passengers, addressing a consistent request from existing deposit holders. Meanwhile, the front suspension turrets have been smoothed, improving visibility and pedestrian safety, while the front suspension itself has been upgraded from a “trailing arm” design to double wishbones.
Ongoing development has seen the car increase in size, now measuring 3.6m (141.7″) in length and 1.9m (74.8″) in width. The Little Car Company has also developed a windscreen and wiper mechanism to enhance the car’s practicality.
For off-road enthusiasts, the Wild One MAX offers a ground clearance of 270mm, an approach angle of 34.1 degrees, a breakover angle of 28.4 degrees, and a departure angle of 50.8 degrees.
The Wild One MAX is powered by eight swappable battery packs, providing a total capacity of 14.4kWh, a maximum estimated range of 200km (on road) and a top speed of up to 62 mph (100km/h), with the vehicle weighing around 500kg in total.
Each Wild One MAX has been developed by The Little Car Company to include a road legal pack in compliance with L7e quadricycle regulations* for the UK and EU markets. The Wild One MAX will be available in both left- hand drive and right-hand drive configurations.
Tamiya Wild One MAX Launch Edition
Strictly limited to the first 100 customers who place a deposit, the Launch Edition comes with exclusive features in addition to the already high specification vehicle. Once the 100 Launch Edition examples are accounted for, the company will offer the standard Tamiya Wild One MAX vehicles at the same price and in an unlimited number.
Each Launch Edition vehicle proudly displays a titanium plaque on the dashboard, acknowledging its status as one of the rare 1 of 100 Launch Edition units. The Launch Edition also encompasses a captivating carbon fibre dashboard, harmonising seamlessly with the matching carbon fibre key-fob. Additionally, in recognition of the vehicle’s influence and significance, Tamiya has decided to reintroduce a limited number of the original Wild One r/c model kits and, as part of the 100 limited-run Launch Edition package, the first 100 customers will be given a coveted Tamiya model kit of the iconic Wild One to build whilst they are waiting for delivery of their full-size car.
To add a touch of personalisation, the holographic decals that are only on the Launch Edition will be replicated at scale, allowing owners to embellish the rollbars on their r/c model vehicles to match their full-size equivalent.
The Tamiya Wild One MAX will be publicly unveiled and on static display at this year’s Goodwood Festival of Speed, taking place between Thursday 13th and Sunday 16th July. The car will be unveiled on the Eibach stand No. 75, for visitors of the show to see up close.
Prices for the Tamiya Wild One MAX start from 35,000 GBP (41,000 EUR), excluding VAT and shipping, with a non-refundable deposit of 3,500 GBP (4,100 EUR). For existing deposit holders, their original £100 deposit will be taken off the final invoice.
Tamiya Wild One MAX Launch Specification:
• Power: 28 kW peak/ 15 kW continuous, equivalent to 38 bhp / 20 bhp
• 14.4 kWh battery capacity
• Estimated range off-road 110km, on-road 200km subject to validation
• Top Speed 62 mph/ 100kph
• 2 x Cobra bucket seats with 4-point harnesses
• Road Pack for UK/EU only road approval/registration, featuring windscreen & wiper, mirrors, mudguards, front and rear lights & indicators and numberplates
• Adjustable Bilstein dampers with Eibach springs
• Maxxis 14” Bighorn rear tyres
• Painted Vac Form Polycarbonate bodywork
• 5“digital screen (doubles up as dashboard dials plus reversing camera monitor)
• Stickers/decals are included with the Wild One MAX on a giant sticker sheet, which customers can fit themselves just like the original radio controlled car kit.
First 100 cars ‘Launch Edition’ included extras:
• Carbon fibre dashboard with Launch Edition plaque
• Carbon fibre keyfob
• Launch Edition hologram decals, and r/c replica wheel nuts
• Specially re-introduced Tamiya Wild One 1/10th kit complete with remote control, battery and charger
• Priority build – these will be the first Wild One MAX to be built